Preventing toll fraud is your responsibility, therefore, make it a priority to protect your business.
- Contact your PBX/phone system vendor to ensure you have reduced your risk of toll fraud.
- Frequently change passwords and authorization codes used for remote access, voice messaging, administrative, and other purposes.
- Use common toll fraud protection features with your long distance calling, such as secure account codes, authorization codes, and call blocking options. Ask your Integra Customer Care representative for details.
- Most toll fraud occurs during vacation and year-end holiday seasons. Be sure to take these preventative steps during this time of the year.
- Thoroughly review your telephone bill regularly. In some cases, toll fraud can go on for months before someone looks at the detail of the phone bill and notices there are unauthorized charges.
To learn more about protecting your business from toll fraud, visit the FCC web site.